Five Years


I think this has been the most difficult blogpost I will ever write. I've been staring at the blinking cursor for a couple of minutes now and yet words don't come easy. This is my fourth day of being unemployed. I am not good at saying goodbye, perhaps none of us do. And yes, letting go is one of the hardest job ever. So why am I writing this? Not to say goodbye but to express my gratitude to all of those people whom I shared my five years with.

It was around September 2007 when I was hired as a subtitler in a multi-media company. I was 21 years old then. I was so happy  entering the corporate world. For five years, my life revolved on a routine. I met a lot of people, learned so many lessons and learned so much about work ethics. For five years I also developed the most annoying habit I have now. (When I watch movies, in my head I repeat their lines. gah!) I grew older, my perspective in life became twisted as well as my mind. LOL And realized I am not happy anymore. I was exhausted and unhappiness overwhelmed my heart. I complained too much and the work ethics I know started to diminish right in front of my very own eyes. I have to say goodbye. I have to pursue my heart's desire.


It's a very tough decision. For five years my work has been my comfort zone. My work provided me with awesome friends that I'll forever be thankful for. But sometimes God called us to step out of our comfort zone. So, I stepped out. Having faith that despite all my doubts and fear God will provide for me.

I don't have a clear plan of what I will do for the next days, months or so. Am I gonna look for work? I don't know. But as of now I am enjoying my life as a fulltime writer. Honing the talent that God has given me.

Certainly, I know time will come that I will miss my flexible shift, I'll miss my work and my workstation. I will miss my friends. I will certainly miss those endless laughter and chikahan moments with them. And yes, this is heart-gripping. :( I am terribly missing my friends. As my FB status stated, I will never say goodbye because I'll definitely see you again, guys.


The Journey. *not in chronological order*

My first Christmas party with them! 


SDI's party. :)


The gang I love. Last days with them at Laiya, Batangas.

At the office. 


With Rio, a very dear officemate and a friend. 



In those five years I these two taught me so many things; in life and in work.

At Laiya, Batangas. August 2012

Since we became friends, we're inseparable. LOL

SDI 2012

<3 <3 <3

Do not be afraid because your journey to experience His unfailing faithfulness is just about to start.
--Out of My Comfort Zone, Cecile Corvera

God is able to give you more than you need, so that you will always have all you need for yourselves and more than enough for every good cause.
--2 Corinthians 9:8


PS Photo credits to Mr. Alex Dizon. I hoard all of these photos to his FB page. :) Thank you, Lex. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Nicka Gracia

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger