Reviving Komiks!


I grew up in a household where Komiks was loved. My father always told us stories of their youth wherein they rented Komiks for just a cent. Just for a cent! Papa introduced me to Gabi ng Lagim Komiks and Funny Komiks. Who would forget the legendary Combatron? (Sinong nakaka-relate? Taas ang kamay!) I think this is where I started to love reading. From then on, I became a fan. As I grew up, I switched from local Komiks to Marvel and sort. I love Superman and can't give up hoarding Superman Comics. I collect them while my father is busy trying to save his Komiks. Unfortunately, those Komiks lying around our home before was nowhere to be found these days, just like kids nowadays don't know what Komiks is.

Yearly, I look forward for Komikon. It's an event where artists gathered to sell their works, Komiks-enthusiasts meet and lots of fun are loaded in this. Just now, I read that it's scheduled on April 13, 2013 at Bayanihan Center, Pasig City. If you're looking for something different to do, try peeking at our artists works? It's worth your time, I swear!

And last Wednesday as we resume to work, my friend/writer-pal/office mate happily handed over a wonderful present to start my year. I was given the privilege to read BLACKink's to be released Komiks! I was so tempted to bring it home. *insert dancing hoarder here as she reads. hoho*

Lookie!
*All photos were taken from my ever reliable phone! LOL*

Done reading this last 01-02-13
If you're a Manga fan I recommend that you should try this. And yeah, I must mention that I love A Decade of Waiting most. ^_^ Stories and artworks are done by our fellow artists. Aren't they awesome?

Manga! Our own version!
Cool, right?
And yes, talking about reviving Komiks look at what BLACKink is cooking for us! I feel nostalgic upon reading them. Namiss ko ang Komiks namin na nawala sa paglipas ng panahon. *sniffs* Artworks were awesome and totally cool. Watch out for this title this January!

Nostalgia! 


See what I mean?
You can imagine this hoarder grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait to have my own copy. To know more about BLACKink you can like their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter. :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Nicka Gracia

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger