Sagada Day 2 Echo Valley-Hanging Coffin

When I heard the word trekking I wasn't alarmed at all, in the back of my mind I was proud that I can survived it without complaining (akala ko lang pala 'yun. LOL). I used to run with my friend before she left the country, so yeah, I thought I was prepared. But how could I forget that six months had passed since I last run! Six months! And if you're in Sagada be prepared to use all amount of your energy in walking. But if you love walking Sagada is definitely for you. Prior to this trip all of us do have a day-job which means all of us are secluded within the four walls of our office resulting a weak physique (except for Jonel whom we never heard complaining not even a bit for the entire activity *insert envious look here. LOL*). Before you reach Echo Valley you would pass by St. Mary's church and a cemetery that our guide said called Campo Santo. Also, he added that if we come back there on November we will witness what they call Hell on Earth, because of certain practice (Don't panic, it's not like a cult practice or something :P). They just lit pine resin in substitute to candle. And the flame's color of pine resin is red and when they lit them all together the whole cemetery looks like hell daw.

Our journey from town proper to Echo Valley to the famous Hanging Coffin :)

At first we're all hesitant to use this but before the entire trek ends we love this walking stick. This saved me so many times. LOL

St. Mary's Church

Siyempre hindi mawawala ang group picture. haha




The Cemetery. Ashes of pine resins were still on some of the tombs there. *cool*



The Echo Valley. If you're depressed, heart-broken or emotional and wanted to shout on top on of your lungs this is the perfect place for you. (Hindi na uso ang pagpunta sa beach Echo Valley na lang.) Just please don't jump. :p When you shouted words a few syllables will bounce back to you. *Echo Valley nga eh. LOL*From here you can catch brief sight of the Hanging Coffin. :) PS. I kept on insisting that Czei shouted the word "confetti." HAHAHAHAHA


Then walk again to reach the Hanging Coffin



The Hanging Coffin. If you can notice a few coffins are small. They're not babies don't worry. They just believe that their life started in fetal position so they should be buried in fetal position din. And the latest coffin daw is 2010.


Misadventurer. :)

The pretty girls. :)

Before we reached the Hanging Coffin we're all like, "Kaya pala tayo binusog ni Kuya kasi papagudin niya tayo." :)) But all that hardship paid off! Trekking is super fun. Nagbunga ang libreng extra rice!

PS. By the end of this adventure my friends discovered my forever weakness: I AM TOO GULLIBLE. :(

Misadventure: I constantly slipped! *I'm clumsy, I know.* :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Nicka Gracia

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger